Just like Courage to Like Yourself, Physically, I am doing this exercise to emphasize the importance of this step!
- I am happy–and I do like to smile and uplift others. I am genuinely happy. I choose to be happy. I could find plenty to be sad about all the time, especially in our world today. However, I choose to be happy. I put my trust in Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ. That lifts a large burden off of my shoulders. I know that the best way for me to make a difference in the world around me is to be a good person in my little part of the great big picture. Therefore, I choose to be happy in that little part of the great big picture.
- I can play the piano enough to help out at church, if really, really, needed. Granted, they do know that if the piano stops playing, keep singing, I’ll eventually catch up. This is an accomplishment I achieved when my husband purchased a keyboard while we were in Okinawa. Then, when we returned to the continental United States, I had my piano again. This is the same piano that I learned to play when I was in the 2nd grade. It is massively out of tune, and I mean massively. But, it works for me.
- I love to teach people how to feel better about themselves, whether its through wardrobing outfits or emotionally through developing positive habits. I can put together an outfit, I love working with separates and having fun mixing what maybe wasn’t real obvious! I love to pass that skill on to others.
- I am good at networking. I love to introduce people to each other to fulfill their needs. Once, after seeing the editors of Essence magazine present at an event as I spoke to them, they lamented that they just knew they weren’t going to be able to get to Graceland. I asked them how much time they had, and their response showed they had enough time to go through the mansion and surrounding areas, they just didn’t have the time to go through the line and wait for the busses. One quick phone call to the marketing person at Graceland (whom I had worked with through fashion shows), and the editors of Essence received a personal tour of property. They were so excited and grateful. That made me feel happy all the way to the core of my being!
- I can read to kids! I love to read to kids! I love to show the emotion, to change my voice for each character. I love to get them involved and ask them “What do you think is next?!” It’s so fun to draw children into the story, and, if possible, make them a part of the story! It’s so rewarding!